A new three-part interview series shares the perspective of our customers and business partners, showing that by working together we can conserve, offset and innovate to address climate change.
Now it’s your turn. Watch our new video about renewable natural gas (RNG) innovations and tell us two ways that we can use RNG.
Send us your entry by January 11, 2019.
Enter: firstname.lastname@example.org or NW Natural, Attn: S. Week, 220 NW Second Ave., 7th Floor, Portland, OR 97209.
See complete rules below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The NW Natural Less We Can™ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and to legal residents of Oregon and Southwest Washington within NW Natural’s service territory. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Employees of NW Natural and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, fulfillment agencies and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and Employees’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules and represent and warrant that You meet all eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of NW Natural as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online and by mail starting on December 12, 2018 at 12:00 a.m., Pacific Time. All online entries must be received by January 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time. All mail entries must be postmarked by January 11, 2019.
4. How to Enter:
Only one Sweepstakes entry per customer is permitted. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of NW Natural. You may not enter more than once by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Sweepstakes rules. Entries including any inappropriate, offensive or other derogatory language, content or information will be disqualified at NW Natural’s sole discretion. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your entry may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of NW Natural. By entering the Sweepstakes, You acknowledge that you have reviewed and that You accept and agree to all of the Sweepstakes rules.
5. Prizes: The winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner” or “Winners”) will receive a Nest™ Thermostat E with a retail value of $169 USD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by NW Natural. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at NW Natural’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for NW Natural to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. For example, if there are 1,000 eligible entries for a drawing, the odds of winning per entry would be 1:1000.
7. Winner Selection, Notification and Requirements: One winner for the Prize will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of NW Natural from all eligible entries on January 18, 2019. Winner will be notified by private message via the email address or phone number provided within three (3) days following selection of Winner. NW Natural shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 24 hours from the time award notification is made, or fails to timely return a completed and executed release of liability, declaration of eligibility, publicity release and W-9 (as needed), the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT NW NATURAL’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FORFEITED AND TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that NW Natural, anyone acting on behalf of NW Natural, and NW Natural’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Nothing herein gives You any rights to any intellectual property owned by NW Natural.
9. Terms & Conditions: NW Natural reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a computer virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond NW Natural’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, NW Natural may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by NW Natural. NW Natural reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions or the Sweepstakes’s rules. NW Natural has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, NW Natural reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless NW Natural and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, mail service, or Internet service or Internet websites; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries. NW Natural is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, stolen, or undelivered entries. NW Natural will not be able to verify receipt of entries, and all entries become the property of NW Natural and will not be returned.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States AND the State of Oregon, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Oregon having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: NW Natural, 220 NW Second Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209, USA. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2019, 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Sweepstakes is NW Natural, 220 NW Second Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209, USA.
15. Arbitration and Disputes: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by confidential mediation and/or arbitration. If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Sweepstakes, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, Sponsor and You agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by confidential mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures. If the matter is not resolved within 60 days after initiation of mediation, then, upon notice by either party to the other, the dispute shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Disputes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor and its affiliates in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. Jurisdiction for all disputes shall be Multnomah County, Oregon.